From the Louisiana DOTD
LAKE CHARLES – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development would like to remind citizens in the Lake Charles area of some important tips for assisting the debris removal process.
* State contractors are only able to remove debris from state right of way.
* Some areas will require more than one pass and maybe up to three.
* Construction and demolition debris, as well as vegetative debris, is currently being picked up and disposed of properly.
* Debris, such as white goods, engines and other materials that have to be disposed of in a different manner, may be picked up at a separate time and/or sweep.
* Please don’t put debris on power lines, fire hydrants, utility stub outs or anything that would hinder the claw that grabs the debris.
Please be patient as we pick up more than 13,000 miles of debris in the impacted areas. Also, you can check 511la.org for the latest statistical information, debris routes where there has been a pass and where planned debris pick-up is scheduled.